For prerequisite information, please see the iSUT Release Notes.
To ensure the integrity of your download, HPE recommends verifying your results with
the following SHA-256 Checksum values:
Reboot is required after installation for updates to take effect and hardware stability to be maintained.
Extracting offline bundle
Extract iSUT bundle (sut-esxi6.*-bundle-*.zip) from cp*.zip
Installing Offline Bundles on an ESXi 6.0 Host Using vSphere CLI 6.0 esxcli Utility
You can use the esxcli utility in conjunction with offline bundles or with a depot. This topic describes the procedure using offline bundles.
Before you can update or patch an vSphere 6.0 host from the command line, you must have access to a machine on which you can run the VMware vSphere Command-Line Interface 6.0 (vSphere CLI). You can install the vSphere CLI on your Microsoft Windows or Linux system. For information about importing or installing the vSphereCLI 6.0, see the VMware vSphere Command-Line Interface Guides.
- Power off any virtual machines that are running on the host and place the host into maintenance mode.
- Transfer the offline bundle onto the ESXi host local path, or extract it onto an online depot.
- Install the bundle on the ESXi host.
- Install remotely from client, with offline bundle contents on a online depot:
esxcli -s <server> -u root -p mypassword software vib install -d <depotURL/bundle-index.xml>
- Install remotely from client, with offline bundle on ESXi host:
esxcli -s <server> -u root -p mypassword software vib install -d <ESXi local path><bundle.zip>
- Install from ESXi host, with offline bundle on ESXi host:
esxcli software vib install -d <ESXi local path><bundle.zip>
- After the bundle is installed, reboot the ESXi host for the updates to take effect.
- (Optional) Verify that the vibs on the bundle are installed on your ESXi host:
esxcli -s <server> -u root -p mypassword software vib list
- (Optional) Remove individual vibs. <vib name> can be identified by listing the vibs as shown in #5:
esxcli -s <server> -u root -p mypassword software vib remove -n <vib name>
Installing Offline Bundles on an vSphere 6.0 Host Using VMware vCenter Update Manager
The offline bundle can also be installed from VMware vCenter Update Manager as a patch. For more information and detailed instructions, see the VMware vCenter Update Manager Administration Guide.