Due to system security configuration set to "high", a supported system may experience any of the following errors when attempting to install or update the system with HP Embedded G5 SATA RAID Controller Driver for Windows Server 2003 version 1.5.17023.0:
- "This program has been blocked for your protection"
- "Not Trusted"
- MSIExec installation error (Return code: 1625)
- "The recommended software listed below could not be installed…"
To ensure the integrity of your download, HPE recommends verifying your results with
this SHA-256 Checksum value:
Reboot is not required after installation for updates to take effect and hardware stability to be maintained.
To use the driver while installing Windows Server 2003:
In this scenario, the driver will be loaded during the Windows Server 2003 operating system installation. To install the driver:
- Create a driver disk by extracting the contents of the Smart Component to a floppy diskette.
- If creating an array, press Ctrl+A or F8 when prompted to enter the BIOS Setup utility.
- Press F6 when prompted to install a third-party driver.
Note: When F6 is active, a prompt appears at the bottom of the screen. Press F6 immediately—you only have 5 seconds. If you miss your chance, restart this Windows installation to complete it correctly. Otherwise, Windows will not recognize your controller.
- Insert the driver disk you created in Step 1 and wait until prompted to install a driver.
- Press "S" to specify that the driver is on the floppy disk, then press Enter.
- When the HP Embedded SATA RAID driver is found, press Enter. Follow the remaining on-screen instructions to complete your installation.
Installing the driver on a system already running Windows Server 2003:
In this scenario, you are installing a driver in a system that already has a Windows operating system. To install the driver:
- Download the Smart Component to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory. The downloaded file is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the Smart Component Number.
- From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded file to install the driver.