To ensure the integrity of your download, HPE recommends verifying your results with
this SHA-256 Checksum value:
Reboot is required after installation for updates to take effect and hardware stability to be maintained.
1. Obtain a formatted USB Key media.
2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on a system running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and change to that directory.
3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded SoftPaq file: Simply double click on the SPxxxxx.exe file and follow the installation wizard to complete the SoftPaq installation process. At the end of a successful installation of the SoftPaq a web page will automatically appear to provide you with the different methods for restoring and/or upgrading the firmware on the system.
4. After the USB Key is created, you may delete the downloaded file if you wish.
5. Insert this USB Key into the USB Key port of the system to be updated and power the system on to boot to the USB Key.