To ensure the integrity of your download, HPE recommends verifying your results with
the following SHA-256 Checksum values:
Reboot is required after installation for updates to take effect and hardware stability to be maintained.
Using the ISO image to update firmware
If your firmware is more than one revision back, you may find it more convenient to load the latest version using the offline method described below.
This allows you to jump from any older version to the latest without encountering any compatibility issues in the firmware update process.
Step 1: Burn a cd/dvd using the file OneConnect-Flash-4.0.xxx.xx.iso
Step 2: Configure your host server to boot from the CD/DVD.
Step 3: Boot server using the cd/dvd containing the ISO image labeled,
Step 4: Enter "y" when prompted with "Do you want to continue (y/n)?"
Step 5: Once the flash image is updated, you will see "Percent Complete 100%" followed by the "#" prompt.
Step 6: Type "reboot"
Step 7: Remove CD or DVD from the player
Step 8: Once the host reboots, install the appropriate driver kit
Please note that if you use this method of updating firmware, you'll need to power cycle the CNA/LOM in order to get the LEDs to function properly afterwards.
To verify the integrity of the downloaded files:
- Use Linux hash tool to calculate the SHA256 hash value for OneConnect-Flash-12.0.1280.5-x64.iso
$ sha256sum OneConnect-Flash-12.0.1280.5-x64.iso
- Compare the calculated value with the SHA256 value displayed in the Installation Instruction tab of the HPE Support Center download page.
- If the values match, then the integrity of the downloaded file has been verified.
- If the values do not match, then download the file a second time and compare the newly calculated hash values again.
- If the hash values still do not match:
- Do not deploy the software
- Contact HPE Technical Support
To verify the authenticity of the downloaded files:
- Download files OneConnect-Flash-12.0.1280.5-x64.iso and OneConnect-Flash-12.0.1280.5-x64.iso.sig to a linux node reachable from the node which needs to be updated.
- Import the HPE GPG 2048-bit Public Key, hpePublicKey2048_key1.pub (fingerprint: 26C2B797), using the following standard Linux command:
#gpg --import hpePublicKey2048_key1.pub
Note: The HPE Public Key, hpePublicKey2048_key1.pub, is available from the HPE Software Delivery Repository (SDR): https://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/keys.html .
- Verify the signature using the following command:
#gpg --verify OneConnect-Flash-12.0.1280.5-x64.iso.sig OneConnect-Flash-12.0.1280.5-x64.iso
- If the results of the signature check result in a message similar to the following then the signature is successfully verified and installation of the software may continue:
gpg: Signature made Tue dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM TZ using RSA key ID 26C2B797
gpg: Good signature from "Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company RSA-2048-25 <email@example.com>"
Primary key fingerprint: 5744 6EFD E098 E5C9 34B6 9C7D C208 ADDE 26C2 B797