Use warranty check to retrieve the status of your warranty, including service type and level, coverage dates, deliverables, and other details associated with your warranty.
Note: Warranty check does not retrieve support agreement information. For support agreement information click HPE Software updates and licensing in the main menu.
Locate your serial number and product number
You must provide the serial number (preceded by "Serial" or "S/N"), which is typically located near the product number on the label. You may also need the product number. The product labels below show typical serial number (1) and product number (2) locations:
Contact HPE Support if you cannot find the label.
You do not need to be signed in with your HPE Passport account to use warranty check. However, signing in does provide you with the option of linking warranties to your account. It also lets you store, view, and manage your products more quickly and easily.
To check your active or expired warranties, complete the following steps:
Browse to Warranty check:
- Option 1: main menu > Warranty check.
- Option 2: On the HPESC homepage, click Check my warranties in the Warranty Check section.
- Enter the product serial number in the form.
The country of purchase defaults to your current locale. Change it if necessary in the drop-down list.
- Repeat steps 2 through 3 for all of your serial numbers. Click Add more warranties to check up to 20 warranties.
- Click Submit.
- If you receive an error message for a warranty, verify your data entry, then follow the on-screen instructions or remove the item from your list. Then click Submit. If you re-enter the values and it still returns an error, contact HPE Support.
The expiration date of a warranty is based on the purchase date, if the product was registered with HPE. Otherwise it is estimated based on the manufacture date.
Note: The warranty status displayed is subject to the terms of the applicable warranty policy and may be updated from time to time.
To view details about a warranty, click View details or the serial number in the Identifier column.
To link the warranty to your HPESC profile, click Link warranties on the details page. For more information about linking, see My contracts and warranties.